All original content on Old Man Exploring is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. If you are familiar with creative commons, you are good to go. If not, read on:
Everything here is covered by copyright, but we have chosen to use a creative commons licence so that people can copy, share, publish and use the material without having to ask for permission provided that they obey the rules we set in the licence.
Please click the link above for detailed explanation of what this licence means, but putting it simply, you have permission to copy, share and publish content from this site for non-commerical purposes as you wish, provided that you do not change or adapt it and that you attribute it (that is, you say where it came from: a link back to the site is fine for this). If you want to share, publish or use content from this site in ANY commercial context (where any kind of payment is made or sought) then you must ask and receive formal permission – email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable payment will be expected for any use of this material in a commercial context.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You are welcome to comment on posts, but must give a name and email in order to do so. We will never publish your email without your direct permission and we will never pass on your name or email to others. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. We reserve the right to reject comments and to edit them (e.g. make the comment shorter, remove a personal reference or profanity), but we will try to keep the fundamental meaning of anything you have written.
- Comments published on the site will be subject to the site’s creative commons licence. By making a comment you agree to all terms in relation to comments, including this.
- Our decisions in relation to this web site and in particular to publish, amend or reject any comment are final. We will not enter into any discussion. Anyone who uses comments to be offensive, unpleasant, unhelpful or simply not nice, or who is seeking to post ‘spam’ (any kind of uninvited advertising or marketing) will be banned from the site. Systems (Akismet) are in use to automatically trap and delete spam, and information from those systems will be shared with all other users of those systems to improve the detection and deletion of spam. We will report to the authorities anything we feel should be reported.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the creative commons licence,which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website (including but not limited to spam, attempts to hack or take over content) may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.